The competition is now closed.
To all practitioners, academicians, researchers, government officials and students, we have exciting news for you.
To celebrate PYC’s 6th anniversary in 2022, PYC will hold a Paper Competition. Join now and have a chance to win a total prize of IDR 27,750,000.
The competition is free of charge.
The PYC chose the theme of “Energy Security for a Sustainable Future”. This theme was chosen considering the importance of energy security for a sustainable future, particularly during the recovery of the COVID-19 pandemic. The COVID-19 pandemic had created a worldwide drop on energy demand in general. However, we expect that the future energy demand will increase again after the condition is back to normal. Along with the recovery in the energy sector after COVID-19, maximizing the potential of energy resources is a vital step to enhancing the energy security of a country. These energy resources could come from both the new and renewable energy as well as the fossil energy. The development and utilization of the energy will act as bridging energy during the transition period towards a sustainable future. In addition, it is also important for countries to follow sustainable development principles in planning energy security development.
The paper competition aims to stimulate high-quality research to gather insights, analyses and up-to-date findings from practitioners, academicians, researchers, government officials or students on matters of energy security and sustainable development.
“Energy Security for a Sustainable Future”
– energy security
– energy economics
– energy analysis
– energy modeling
– integrated energy systems
– energy planning
– environmental and energy management
– energy conservation
– energy efficiency
– energy innovation
– fuel and energy technology
– biomass and bioenergy
– new and renewable energy
– energy storage
– energy finance
– energy geopolitics
– energy law and policy
Open : 12 January 2022
Abstract Submission Deadline: 28 February 2022
Full Paper Submission Deadline: 29 April 2022 (23.59 UTC+7)
Announcement: 16 June 2022
Full Paper Submission: Click here
1st Winner : IDR 5,000,000
2nd Winner : IDR 4,500,000
3rd Winner : IDR 4,000,000
4th Winner : IDR 3,500,000
5th Winner : IDR 3,000,000
6th Winner : IDR 2,500,000
7th Winner : IDR 2,000,000
8th Winner : IDR 1,500,000
9th Winner : IDR 1,000,000
10th Winner : IDR 750,000
*Exclusive of all taxes
Winners must submit their papers to PYC’s Indonesian Journal of Energy (IJE).
Terms and Conditions
- The paper can be written by or a product of one or multiple authors;
- Entries must not contain any discriminatory or obscene language/content;
- Entries must be original work;
- The submitted paper should be written in English;
- Registrants can submit more than one paper at the same time;
- Participation in our competitions is free of charge. There is no registration/administration fee associated with the application or submission;
- The latest submission deadline for the abstract is 28 February 2022 and for the full paper is 29 April 2022;
- Once the paper is accepted, it can not be withdrawn;
- Once submitted, all materials will be property of Thus, PYC reserves the sole right to reproduce and publish any and all of the entries submitted for this competition on behalf of the original author(s);
- The final decision of winners is final and deemed absolute. Once announced, it can not be rescinded under any circumstances;
- The winners will be announced on 16 June 2022;
- The top ten winners are obligated to submit their paper to the Indonesian Journal of Energy and actively participate in the peer-review process.
The Paper Format
The submitted paper, in principle, must contain the following content:
- Abstract: Less than 300 words;
- Discussion of the underlying theory and analysis;
- Abstract and caption of tables and figures: Times New Roman font size 10, single line spacing.
- Titles: Written in English, Times New Roman font size 18, Font Bold, 1.5 line spacing.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman font size 9, single line spacing.
- The full paper shall contain (i) the full name(s) of the author(s) without any title or degree, (ii) name of the department or institutional affiliation, (iii) email address(es) of the author(s).
- Plagiarism below 15%
- Reference list: APA Style.
- Detailed paper guidelines: https://bit.ly/PYCPaperCompetition2022Template
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is my abstract qualified for the next step?
Yes. We encourage every participant to finish their paper and submit it accordingly.
2. Can I make minor changes to my abstract from the one that I’ve submitted?
Yes, you can put the latest abstract on your full paper.
3. Where to submit the full paper?
You can submit it through this form.
4. Where can I find the paper guidelines?
Please read the full guidelines on our website.
For more information on PYC Paper Competition 2022, please kindly contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our WhatsApp number +62 811-1888-932.