RESEARCH ASSOCIATE FOR INDONESIA’S CARBON PRICING AND MARKET STUDY
The Purnomo Yusgiantoro Center (PYC) is a nonprofit organization devoted to independent, in-depth research that leads to providing policy solutions and/or recommendations in research fields of energy and natural resources at the local, national and global level.
PYC is seeking an experienced individual as a Research Associate to perform a study related to carbon pricing in Indonesia, including but not limited to scenario/modeling analysis, policy research and analysis, capacity building, etc. The position provides a flexible or full working time. Duration of contract up to 2 years with possible extension.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support the development of carbon pricing regulations and policies;
- Conduct analysis on the carbon tax implementation, including design of implementation roadmap for the introduction of carbon tax which covers scenario modelling, various tax base and scope, and risk management oversight;
- Other specific activities as deemed necessary.
- Hold a PhD in economics, public policy, environmental studies, and other relevant backgrounds;
- Knowledge and understanding of climate change-related policies, e.g. carbon tax, carbon emissions trading scheme, etc. is a must;
- Have experiences and ability to conduct high-quality research in economics, financing, modelling, and/or policy planning with a proven quantitative methodology;
- Demonstrated track record in contributing to research and analytical studies, especially in carbon policies;
- Have experiences working in a team of researchers, preferably carbon pricing studies, including the Monitoring, Reporting & Verification (MRV) policies, in collaboration with many stakeholders;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
Resume/CV, cover letter, research proposal and other supporting documents should be submitted to this link: https://bit.ly/PYCJOBOPPORTUNITIES2022.
The application will go through the review process. The applicant will be notified of the result of the review application process through email. Selected applicants will be interviewed online/offline.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR OFFICIAL CORRESPOND EMAIL IS firstname.lastname@example.org